Solacoat is a geoengineered coating method.
It is consisting of either one coat of Solacoat WB Metal Primer (for metal substrates) or one coat of Solacoat CP Porous Primer (for concrete, tiles and non-glazed terracotta tile substrates) and two coats of Solacoat topcoat. Solacoat Pastel and/or Solacoat Dark Topcoats are a revolutionary water-based acrylic coating that contains a unique membrane additive, which reflects up to 84.9% of the suns solar rays (depending on the colour), whilst assisting in reducing your CO2 footprint for buildings that are air-conditioned.
The percentage of the rejected solar rays will vary depending on the actual colour being applied, and the percentage of the solar rays being rejected, are based on a newly coated roof either corrugated, flat or pitched.
The Solacoat Pastel and Dark topcoat colours have a superior resistance to heat absorption with a higher solar reflectivity than corresponding coloured conventional paints. The lighter colours have a higher TSR Value and SRI Rating than the darker colours, due to the significant solar reflectance.
The Solacoat WB Metal Primer contains proven rust inhibiting agents to halt corrosion with excellent adhesion to all metals and is an excellent base for the Solacoat Topcoats. The beauty of the Solacoat Metal Roof System is that the building remains cool in the extremes of summer; its applied at a fraction of the cost to re-roofing and it is durable and aesthetically pleasing.
The Solacoat CP Porous Primer is designed to fill relatively small imperfections in the aged but mechanically sound tile surface and addresses durability, aesthetics and mould and fungi aspects.
Once installed this system forms a protective coverage that shields, maintains and enhances the roof for many years to come while keeping the internal temperatures cool in the extremes of summer.
- High durability
- Good Colour Range of Pastel & Dark Colours
- Low toxicity
- Proven Resutls over 10+ years
- Exported around the world
Reduce heat from getting in with a reputable heat reflective and cost effective coating. Solacoat requires 1 x 60 micron thickness wet of Primer and 2 x 60 micron thickness wet topcoat applied to the surface.
- Assists in preventing your building from heating up
- Assists in preventing your walls and pavements from heating up
- Assists in reducing internal temperatures
- Assists in reducing electricity cooling costs
- Assists in reducing green house gas emissions for air-conditioned buildings
- Assists in inhibiting rust, corrosion and thermal expansion, ensuring durability
- Assists in protecting properties and assets (heat sensitive)
- Non-Toxic Environmentally safe and friendly
- Assists in conducive and liveable environments
- Contains anti-fungal and anti-mould properties
- Easy to apply
- 10 year limited warranty
- Manufactured in NATA & APAS approved facilities.
Solacoat Waterproof System is a geoengineered coating method that completely seals and waterproofs flat, non-vehicular trafficable commercial concrete roofs. The elastomeric coating system consists of one coat of Solacoat CP Porous Primer and one coat of Solacoat Waterproofing Topcoat for heat reflection, and is non-slip, leaving no more excessive heat build up in the concrete slab.
By moderating external roof top temperatures permits access for servicing roof-mounted equipment such as cooling towers, air-conditioners as well as ensuring a lower ambient internal temperature in which these essential equipment units are operating.
Flexible and durable the heat reflective membrane coating resists UV degradation, ponded water and many industrial chemical environments. Due to the heat reflectance, the coating will remain cool and should last longer than conventional waterproofing.
- Commercial buildings
- Factories & Warehouses
- Shopping Malls, Cold Storage Areas
- Hospitals & Malls
- Storage Facilities
- Oil / Gas / Water Tanks
- Poultries. Piggeries and Animal Refuges